Super Camps will once again be running its ever-popular cooking course - A Passion For Cookery - in 2018 with a new menu for our budding chefs to try out. We are very much looking forward to the course (and the food!) and want to give you a taste of what's to come. So why not try baking this Key Lime Pie at home?
Follow the recipe below or download a printable PDF version here
- 300g Hob Nobs or digestive biscuits
- 150g butter, melted
- 1 x 397g tin condensed milk
- 3 medium egg yolks
- finely grated zest and juice of 4 limes
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- extra lime zest, to decorate
- Pre-heat the oven to 160C/fan 140C/gas 3.
- Wrap the biscuits in a clean tea towel or strong plastic bag and bash to crumbs with a rolling pin.
- Mix the crumbs with the melted butter and press into the base and up the sides of a 20cm loose-based tart tin.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove and cool.
- While this is cooking, put the egg yolks in a large bowl and hand whisk for 4 or 5 minutes.
- Add the condensed milk and whisk for a further 3 minutes then add the zest and juice and whisk again for 3 minutes.
- Pour the filling into the cooled base then put back in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Cool then put in the fridge to chill and set for at least 3 hours.
- Once set, dust with a little icing sugar and extra lime zest
The 'A Passion For Cookery' will run during the summer at 26 venues across the country for children ages 8-14.
Book before 30th April 2018 and your child will receive a free Super Camps cooking gift pack including a drawstring backpack, t-shirt and apron.
Find out more about A Passion For Cookery.
Back to main news