Scrumptious Easter Cake
We know healthy eating is important, but everyone needs a treat every now and then. There is an abundance of chocolate this time of year, so why not put it to great use with this fun, family-friendly recipe.
Ingredients & Equipment
400g caster sugar
400g self-raising flour
4 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp milk
Lots of decorations (bunnies, eggs, flowers…)
2x20cm cake tins
1. Heat the oven to 190C or gas mark 5.
2. Grease the cake tins then line with baking parchment.
3. Sieve the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder together in a bowl.
4. In another large bowl, mix the butter and sugar together.
5. In a separate jug or bowl, whisk the eggs then slowly add half of them to the butter mixture. Mix well.
6. Fold in half the flour mixture and when combined, add the remaining eggs.
7. Mix with the rest of the flour (if the mixture is too dry, add the milk).
7. Divide the mixture evenly between the cake tins then bake for 20 minutes.
8. When cooked, leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
9. Once cool, decorate to transform into an Easter masterpiece!